Saturday, May 17, 2014

As I grow older, I've learnt to tell myself that there isn't anybody I cannot live without. Every time the distance between myself and the one I care about the most grows, I tell myself to move on, survive. I wallow in sadness for months and up to a year, find new people whom I may never be as close to and spend time with them in hopes of filling up that gap. Sometimes the new people bring surprises that I am ever so thankful for, sometimes we move on for we know we were only there due to circumstances.

But is that the truth, that there isn't anybody I cannot live without? There are people who light up my life much more than others do. I can survive without them, but they remain irreplaceable. Here's to two of my best friends I've ever had at some point in my life - Sarah and Fed. I have not talked to them in a while, and I shall. And to the ones I am growing to love: you know who you are :)

No comments: